The National Sheriffs' Association Center for Public Safety has been established to address the needs of law enforcement in the following areas: Jail Operations, Court Security, Homeland Security, and Leadership.
The Institute for Court Security offers specialized training in court security and judicial operations. Several programs are offered including a Court Security Certification program, agency hosted training, and Court Security Assessments.
The Institute for Jail Operations offers specialized training in jail management and operations. Several programs are offered including a Jail Operations Training and Certification program and Jail Correspondence Training.
The Institute for Homeland Security offers homeland security related initiatives and certifications. Some of the programs offered include SAR Line Officer training and Homeland Protection Professional Certification.
The Institute for Leadership provides training for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, and other in the field of criminal justice to perform their jobs in the best possible manner. Programs include the National Sheriffs' Institute.
The Insititute for Communty Policing offers program to help law enforcement officers learn how to work with their community members. Programs include domestic violence training and tourism policing
The NSA Center for Public Safety is charged with the following objectives:
- To provide professional development, leadership training and resources to increase and strengthen the impact of individuals in middle and senior level management across all law enforcement disciplines.
- To provide law enforcement individuals assigned to our Nation's Jails with research, analysis, strategic and tactical consulting, training, education and policy input to attain professional goals and objectives.
- To provide law enforcement individuals assigned to our Nation's Courts and Judicial Centers with research, analysis, strategic and tactical consulting, training, education and policy input to attain professional goals and objectives in securing the facilities they are assigned.
- To benchmark best practices and solutions to increase the professionalism and quality of persons in the law enforcement industry.
The Center will:
- Research and Develop programs and information that impact our officers and leaders
- Develop cost-efficient and effective professional development programs, training and education
- Provide specialized training in Leadership, Jail Operations and Court Security Operations
- Provide resources and up to date information on Leadership, Jail Operations and Court Security
- Provide access to current professional and experts in Leadership Jail Operations and Court Security