Active Members (eligible to vote and receive free AD&D insurance):
- Sheriffs-elect, provided they qualify for office.
- Undersheriffs, assistant sheriffs, deputy sheriffs, other employees of a sheriff's office, and members of the sheriff's reserve, auxiliaries, and posses.
- Chiefs of police and other employees of an agency having responsibility to enforce criminal law.
- Individuals affiliated with federal and state law enforcement or with military agencies.
- Individuals employed by private rather than public organizations but who have law enforcement duties.
- Individuals employed in any agency, public or private, whose responsibilities relate directly or indirectly to the administration of criminal justice.
- Individuals engaged in teaching, research, and writing in the field of criminal justice.
- Individuals who have demonstrated genuine interest in and support of the Office of Sheriff or the effective administration of criminal justice/law enforcement/public safety throughout the nation.
- Life Members
Auxiliary Members (not eligible to vote and do not receive free AD&D insurance):
- Auxiliary Members
- International Members
Sustaining Members (not eligible to vote, do not receive free AD&D insurance or a magazine):
- Citizen Member
Membership Dues Structure
(dues subject to change)
- Sheriff (cost is assessed according to county population)
- Sheriff with county population of 500,000 or more = $546
- Sheriff with county population of 250,000– 499,999 = $274
- Sheriff with county population of 100,000–249,999 = $165
- Sheriff with county population of 10,000–99,999 = $109
- Sheriff with county population of less than 10,000 = $56
- Chief of Police = $71
- Executive/Agency Director = $71
- Other Active Members = $50
- Auxiliary Member = $39
- Student = $39
- International Member = $66
- Citizen Member=$15
- Group of 2-50 = $41 each
- Group of 51-100 = $37 each
- Group of 101-500 = $33 each
- Group of 501+ = $29 each
- Group of 2-50 = $31 each
- Group of 51-100 = $27 each
- Group of 101-500 = $23 each
- Group of 501+ = $19 each
Note: All Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
For questions about Membership, please contact:
800.424.7827 ext 201