Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness
How well do you perceive your own actions and behaviors impacts the way you treat others? During this session, we’ll discuss the importance of Self-Perception and Self-Awareness in the context of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, and how A wrong tactical move or a poor choice of communication can have an adverse impact on efforts to de-escalate.
During this webinar we will:
- Discuss how effective EQ brings these emotions, motives and drives into focus
- How we can work with and control only what we are aware of.
This is part of a six-part series:
- Jan 14: Emotional Intelligence: How EQ Can Make a Difference in Your Criminal Justice Career
- Feb 11: Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness (this webinar)
- March 11: Emotional Intelligence: Recognizing Interpersonal Skills and Empathy
- April 15: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Decision Making and Reality Testing
- May 20: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Stress Management and Flexibility
- June 17: Emotional Intelligence: Learning more about Self Expression and Emotional Expression
Cheryl Stewart has more than 20 years of combined experience as a Communications and Organizational Development Professional. She is passionate about research and data collection and enjoys empowering others on how to “figure things out” in order to achieve their goals. Cheryl started her career as a TV-News Producer and worked in several television markets.
Currently, she is the Director of Organizational Development with the Maryland Aviation Administration where she oversees Performance Management, Learning and Development, and Employee Development Services for almost 500 employees.
She has a BA in Broadcast Communications from Loyola University, New Orleans and MS in Organizational Development and Strategic Human Resources from Johns Hopkins University.