How to Start a Police Homeless Outreach Team in Three Easy Steps
As police agencies continue to struggle with more questions than answers about homelessness, many are starting homeless outreach teams (HOTs) to permanently address the problem rather than the symptoms.
In the sequel to “The Top 10 Reasons to Start a Police Homeless Outreach Team”, attendees will learn how to develop their own team, from the ground up, covering topics such as:
- The building blocks of police homeless outreach
- How to start small and think big
- Making the leap from enforcement to outreach (it’s easier than you think)
- Integrating your team into Coordinated Entry and your local Continuum of Care
- Leveraging community partnerships to end homelessness