Industry Action Group
Amazon Web Services:
Amazon Connect cloud call center that can be stood up in minutes to help to engage the public:
- https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/la-county/ (LA County Case Study on Amazon contact center)
Resources to enable virtual employees and working from home:
- https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/ Remote work-from-home solution. There is a free trial version during the crisis, and it’s available in GovCloud so it meets the CJIS Security Policy.
- https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/ Securely deliver desktop applications to any computer (Work From Home)
- https://aws.amazon.com/remote-work-learning/ Remote learning resources available.
- Here are some general public safety resources to show what work we are already doing with Law Enforcement – including information around how AWS enables you to build for mission-critical high availability:S
- AWS’ Covid-19 Blog
- Amazon Connect cloud call center that can be stood up in minutes to help to engage the public:
- The Axon team has sourced supplies to help protect first responders and staff from COVID-19. They have blue surgical masks, hand sanitizer, and powder-free latex gloves. To order at no cost, please have someone from your agency fill out this very short form.
- You do not need to be an Axon customer. This is available at no-cost to all public safety agencies.
- LEO Technologies is working with NSA to offer a 90-day trial of their inmate phone monitoring system, Verus, for qualified agencies to support pandemic-related mitigation efforts in their facilities.
- Verus is an AI-based technology developed on the AWS platform which automatically transcribes, monitors and flags inmate phone calls. The system uses machine learning and automated speech recognition to identify specific conversations based on keywords. Transcriptions can be searched by keywords or other data. The system automatically translates Spanish transcriptions into English.
- Agencies interested in participating should visit LEO Technologies to request a demo and find out more about the Verus trial.
- Mark43 is currently donating one year of their Pandemic Preparedness Package to any U.S. public safety agency that is interested. This is a software package that includes two reports and a data dashboard, which allow departments to track potential COVID-19 exposures, log updates, and assess the impact on their workforce. Any interested agency can read more and submit an inquiry here: https://www.mark43.com/pandemicpackage/ Additionally, they also have a press release on their website
- Have established a “Community Caregiver Rate” at participating hotels across the U.S. to host first responders who are working around the clock to save lives. Valid ID is required for check-in.
- Work Flow: