What is the Federal Government Doing in Response to COVID-19?
Newly Added Resources:
Health and Safety
Administration for Community Living offers information for older adults, and people with disabilities.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is studying the virus worldwide and helping communities respond locally. Check the CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) page for news and guidance.
Department of Energy is researching COVID-19 at the National Labs.
Department of Labor has information for employers and workers on preparing workplaces, and responding to COVID-19 in the workplace.
Environmental Protection Agency has information about disinfectants that can kill COVID-19 and water safety.
- Food and Drug Administration is working with the medical industry to develop vaccines, drugs, and diagnostic tests. For healthcare professionals, they offer FAQ's about diagnostic testing.
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) is developing new medical treatments.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture answers questions about food safety and pets.
Travel and Transportation
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) offers guidance for air travelers.
Scams and Fraud
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has tips to avoid scams related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has COVID-19 scam information, and is taking action against companies marketing fraudulent COVID-19 treatments.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued guidance for public housing authorities, landlords, shelters, non-profits, grantees and stakeholders.
Federal Building Status and National Parks
- Defense Acquisition University posted university facility and class status.
- Department of Defense posted facility status for the National Capital Region.
- General Services Administration offers advice for federal tenant agencies and lessors.
- National Archives posted the status of National Archive facilities.
- National Park Service posted the status of National Parks.
- National Science Foundation has posted updates on facilities, meetings, and the grant submission process.
- U.S. Northern Command status updates.
- Department of State is working with international governments to combat COVID-19, and has also issued travel advisories.
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is providing funding to international organizations to combat COVID-19.
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is monitoring cybersecurity threats and risk.