Collaborative Reform Initiative Technical Assistance Center (CRI-TAC)
The Collaborative Reform Initiative for Technical Assistance Center (CRI-TAC) program provides critical and tailored technical assistance resources to state, local, territorial, and tribal law enforcement agencies on a wide variety of topics. It features a “by the field, for the field” approach while delivering individualized technical assistance using leading experts in a range of public safety, crime reduction, and community policing topics. Agency participation in CRI-TAC is voluntary.
These services are delivered at no cost to your agency. Built to meet the diverse needs of law enforcement agencies today, the CRI-TAC works to develop solutions specifically tailored to your agency, allowing you to play an active role in the problem-solving process. The CRI-TAC provides a collaborative and comprehensive process in which subject matter experts from the field help your agency reach the forefront of cutting-edge innovation and evidence-based practices.
- Resource Referral: Toolkits, reports, and other relevant publications
- Web-based Training: Recorded webinars and live online training
- In-person Training: Existing and customized on-site training
- Virtual Mentoring: Personnel from the requesting agency will be connected with subject matter experts to share information and promising practices via phone or video conference call
- Meeting Facilitation: Subject matter experts will assist in facilitating meetings among agency members and other public and private sector stakeholders
- On-site Consulting: Subject matter experts visit the requesting agency to collaborate with agency leaders and provide guidance on best practices and tailored solutions
AREAS OF ASSISTANCE
Technical assistance encompasses a host of methods including training, peer-to-peer consultation, analysis, coaching, and strategic planning. Participating agencies identify areas of assistance to best suit their local needs, which may include the following:
- CRI-TAC Brochure
- CRI-TAC Fact Sheet
- Law Enforcement Solutions By the Field, For the Field: Collaborative Reform Annual Review [REPORT]: The report highlights the work of the Collaborative Reform Initiative Technical Assistance Center (CRI-TAC), launched with a coalition of the United States’ top public safety organizations, under the leadership of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, to provide tailored technical assistance by the field, for the field.
REQUEST TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
To help us best serve you, please include the following information:
- Name of your agency
- Number of sworn officers
- Size of population served
- Topic and service requested
- Contact information
Along with NSA and the Department of Justice's COPS Office, the CRI-TAC provides results-oriented technical assistance from the following partner organizations: